Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

3 Bulls in 6 days in 3 different Units

   Its been a very busy last week, starting with my late archery hunt I came home to clean up and head to my Uncles camp in northern Arizona. Opening morning came and all we saw were three little bulls and hunters around every corner. This year the tags had actually dropped in this unit but still in my opinion way too many.  On the the second morning we went o some spots we usually can find some bulls, but someone beat us to the spot. Typically we see people that will beat us to our spot but wont know how to hunt it. Well that was the case here, we looped around and parked and took the further route in to the country we wanted to glass. As we are slipping quietly through the cedar pine mix I come around a tree and there feeding at 80 yards is a clean looking bull. On these late hunts our only goal is a clean unbroken bull, 6 point or better. The bull continues to feed with his six buddies that were all smaller and my uncle takes aim. I throw a cow call out and the bull turns broadside and BOOM! We had about a 200 yard blood trail and bull #2 was down! My dad and my cousin were also here and between the four of us it made for an easy pack out!





 


   Saturday evening after getting to camp at 12 pm with my uncles bull I elected to pack up and head home to tag along with my wife, her brother in law and her mom, on Stacis late bull hunt in central Arizona. Sunday morning trying to roll out of bed was hard, but the thought  of bringing home another bull got us all up and out the door. We were accompanied by some good friends Blake and Kaela that would also set up high and glass while we did the same some where else. We hike up in the dark to our knob and not even set up tri pods and I look up across from us and there is three bulls feeding up the other side of the canyon. We gather ourselves quickly and the pursuit is on! We still can't shoot but we are at 500 yards and getting closer quickly. I step out real quick and glance at them and Aaron takes a range reading, 338! Still being a far shot we were straight across from the bulls, the lower and closer we would have got the more up hill Staci would have had to shoot. I lay my pack against a rock and get her settled in and wait as Brittany and Aaron set up to find the biggest. I hear Brittany whisper the lower bull has little kickers so with that we studied and talked over about making a good shot. Staci was keeping calm and telling herself to remain calm and I was going over where to hold on the bull and to breathe and squeeze. The bull stepped out and Aaron and Brittany both said ok there he is! Staci took her deep breathe and BOOM! I look up and the bull is still standing there not moving, you missed??? As she reloads the bulls falls straight back and never flinched a muscle! She made a perfect heart shot on this bull at 340 yards! With all our friends and family there the pack out which could have been a horrible one was not bad at all!!! BY noon we were home eating wings and watching football!
enjoy



















No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
2012 is in the books! We have had an amazing last year with the birth of our beautiful daughter Lacey Ann. We look forward to sharing 2013 with our family and friends!