Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spring Time Is Here! Scoutin For Gobblers!

    This morning we got our daughter up before the sun to take her out in the woods and try to locate some birds for my up coming hunt. Last time our daughter was listening to the sound of gobblers she was a week from entering the world, today she is two weeks from being one year old! With that we hit a couple spots and like it was a repeat from last year when the birds we gobbling.  Trying to keep her quiet was difficult so me and Brittany took turns staying back with her to help keep Lacey occupied. I slipped down a draw and threw a couple clucks out and had birds answer and on top of me in no time. I stopped calling so I didn't educate them and just took some video and pictures. Once they left I walked back to Brittany and Lacey and it was Britts turn. I pointed her in the direction of a couple gobbles and she slipped into a 100 yards and the birds fed right up to her undetected. I received a text saying she was like a ninja and had birds all around her! She got some good videos and a couple good still photos. Im ready for April 26th now, more then ever! Such a different look at life with your one year old experiencing with her what we love with us! I just don't think she is ready for the actual hunt, not yet at least!     Enjoy!!!















No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
2012 is in the books! We have had an amazing last year with the birth of our beautiful daughter Lacey Ann. We look forward to sharing 2013 with our family and friends!