Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, June 28, 2014

The moment I've waited for being a father.

This past spring our daughter was old enough to get the concept of fishing. So for her 2 birthday she received a Tinkerbell fishing pole, Brittany and I could not wait for the fishing trips to come so we could see Lacey catch her first fish. Almost as if I was waiting for an elk hunt to open, I could not retain my excitement to get her on the water for the first time and show her some bluegill. We were a little early for the big groups of bluegill to be in the shallows but we did manage to find some in some reeds and Lacey was able to catch a couple. Being a hunter you get to feel the over whelming rush of adrenaline take your body over and its something that I to this day get on any hunt I'm on. Well today taking Lacey fishing was a different rush but once she had her fish on I could not be any more happier with our beautiful daughter as she screamed as the fish got pulled out of the water.  The nervous thoughts of will she like the outdoors and the activities we love to do. So far she has been with us on hunts or just trips in the woods and she loves it. She is our little girl but she doesn't mind looking for deer or grabbing worms to fish with!








No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
2012 is in the books! We have had an amazing last year with the birth of our beautiful daughter Lacey Ann. We look forward to sharing 2013 with our family and friends!